Amid crisis, panic, anxiety, what is your posture? There is an enormous opportunity right now to encourage and point people to the Source of your perfect peace.
• When people are afraid- offer to pray with them for peace.
• If people are low on supplies, perhaps you can share your provisions with them and let them know that God is a provider.
• If people are not feeling well, maybe there is something you can do to help them until their health is fully restored. (In addition to praying with them).
• If you haven’t met your neighbors, this is the perfect time to knock on the door and leave an encouraging note and your phone number in case they need something. Meeting someone’s physical needs is an excellent way to help minister to their spiritual needs.
• If you already know your neighbors, call them, check on them. This world crisis is an opportunity to walk the walk that you talk.
• Call folks, friends, and family and check on them. Pray with them, encourage them with scripture, or just a listening ear. If during a storm, Jesus could be calm, and we are the hands and feet of Jesus, shouldn’t we be doing the same?
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
“It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
“Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.”
We can make it through this. We will make it through this together and we will be stronger than ever!